Saturday, January 28, 2006

I've become a Geek


I started the New Year blogging . I wrote 2 stories then got wrapped up in technology. CRASH,BANG...I made a new start...I became a Computer Geek. I networked the house and got myself a 19 inch Sony LCD monitor. Since I'm getting older I needed bigger monitor to see. Added a wireless router so Ali ,my wife, can use her laptop in or out of the house. Added a Media Lounge so we can play our music on the home surround system, it sounds great, we love it. Installed two 250 gig external hard drives one for picture's and one for music. For the last 3 weeks I have been importing all our Cd's to the computer. After (a Geek meltdown)...a lot of "&*#@...this is not working & I hate this computer stuff". "Oh its going out the window", but that would only put a hole in the boat. Can't hurt Nita (the boat) she would not be happy. So, I'm getting a hang of it. I should've taken some courses, but I hate school I'm more hands on, stubborn, I can do it myself, I don't need help kinda guy. Yep! So I phoned a friend, Paul he's awsome, he's also my "evil"son-in-law. It was a lot of work and we spent hours with the phone glued to our ears. Today I have 8728 songs that's 22.5days, 36.36GB, I could get really specific but that would be boring unless you too are a Geek. That is a lot of music. I do like my tunes that's just the Cd's. Next I'll start to convert all our cassettes , LP 's and 45's, yes still love to spin vinyl. (We got 8tracks too!) A lot of people just don't want 45's & it's great for us they play great in our jukebox. Love them garage sales, a quarter goes a long way. It's nice to have some friends over and have some music on and not have to change a disk. We can run a slide show of our photos too.
I want to thank all who read my blogs...Thank you ,thank you vera' much!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Ramblin Irishman said...

No, no , no there is no Geek to it. Sounds like a system I would love to have. Over 8000 songs, good Lord you would never stop listening to them. Got any good country western? I mean the good old boys like Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins and etc. What program do you use to record your disketts to cd? Good to see you writing and I think you do a great job.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

This is Ron's daughter I came across your Blog from a comment you left on your sister's blog. I've been checking it regularly but you didnt write for awhile. My boyfriend Bill is taking classes to be a computer technician and has repaired a few computers for some of his friends. So way to go for learning all that by yourself and help of your son-in-law. Sounds very complicated to me. I thought Bill's computer was high tech until I read your blog. 250 gigs is awesome! Keep on Blogging it gives me something to do lol.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Alpha Male said...

Keep going Matt...could tell you were at it awhile...your eyes looked a little bugged out but they should return to nor...almost said normal..we Know that will never happen.. GOOD JOB all kidding aside.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home