I AM NOT A FAN
With the upcoming game it would be appropriate for me to tell my take on the game.
Super Bowl,the BIG game, and the BIG event of the year. What’s with all the hype leading up to the game? Who will be number one? Who will sing the Star Spangled Banner? Who will win? Which company will have the best commercials? Fact: They spend 5 million a minute in advertisements. Show me the money! What will the big drama be this year? I hope nothing like last year or was that the year before? … it was only a little boobie
About the fans, what is a fan? It’s a device that blows air around! All I hear is… “My team is going to beat your team” “Did you see that pass?” “Hey Ref are you blind? He wasn’t out of bounds”. “Did you see that touch down?” “Our Quarterback is better. The kicker is better, No mine’s better, No mine is!” Oh no, I have to listen to John Madden and he’s writing on the screen again, those markings! I can’t see the replay. Hey you idiot I know the rules shut up already! No more Madden Please! Sorry, I got carried away. Bottom line is, someone is eating crow for dinner, what goes good with crow? Serve it up with a heaping helping of hot air. If we could harness all that hot air, and turn it in to useful energy we could solve Bush’s new energy plan before the end of the year. Personally, I like my crow with fava beans and a nice Chianti! (LoL) Don’t get me wrong football’s okay, I just have not watched in the last 5 years. That’s a later story. Who is playing any ways? I have watched a lot of football over the years. I like to root for the home team, San Francisco 49ers is my team. I know, they suck since Joe left. Back in the day, (1970’s) I watched Monday Night Football with my Dad. I would make popcorn the old fashion way (on the stove) and we would enjoy the game together. If I remember right, the favorite teams were: Miami, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. The point is- I am not a “fan”, I don’t blow air. I am an enthusiast, a Nascar enthusiast. My favorite sport is Nascar, never missed a race till I meet Ali. The things you do for Love! This Sunday we will head down to the local watering hole and have a cold one with our friends. We’ll enjoy the game and the commercials, the company and the food. Maybe it’s really all about the food, hmmm?
Super Bowl,the BIG game, and the BIG event of the year. What’s with all the hype leading up to the game? Who will be number one? Who will sing the Star Spangled Banner? Who will win? Which company will have the best commercials? Fact: They spend 5 million a minute in advertisements. Show me the money! What will the big drama be this year? I hope nothing like last year or was that the year before? … it was only a little boobie
About the fans, what is a fan? It’s a device that blows air around! All I hear is… “My team is going to beat your team” “Did you see that pass?” “Hey Ref are you blind? He wasn’t out of bounds”. “Did you see that touch down?” “Our Quarterback is better. The kicker is better, No mine’s better, No mine is!” Oh no, I have to listen to John Madden and he’s writing on the screen again, those markings! I can’t see the replay. Hey you idiot I know the rules shut up already! No more Madden Please! Sorry, I got carried away. Bottom line is, someone is eating crow for dinner, what goes good with crow? Serve it up with a heaping helping of hot air. If we could harness all that hot air, and turn it in to useful energy we could solve Bush’s new energy plan before the end of the year. Personally, I like my crow with fava beans and a nice Chianti! (LoL) Don’t get me wrong football’s okay, I just have not watched in the last 5 years. That’s a later story. Who is playing any ways? I have watched a lot of football over the years. I like to root for the home team, San Francisco 49ers is my team. I know, they suck since Joe left. Back in the day, (1970’s) I watched Monday Night Football with my Dad. I would make popcorn the old fashion way (on the stove) and we would enjoy the game together. If I remember right, the favorite teams were: Miami, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. The point is- I am not a “fan”, I don’t blow air. I am an enthusiast, a Nascar enthusiast. My favorite sport is Nascar, never missed a race till I meet Ali. The things you do for Love! This Sunday we will head down to the local watering hole and have a cold one with our friends. We’ll enjoy the game and the commercials, the company and the food. Maybe it’s really all about the food, hmmm?

1 Comments:
Matt, Matt, Matt. Your Dad just did a backflip. I will say this, the people who sang the national anthem just destroyed it. I was embarrassed for them and for my country. The half time was pitiful and Jagger was upset because they censored his songs. What happened to good old entertainment? Johnny Cash wouldn't have those problems.
Post a Comment
<< Home